Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sendakan NN

We’re on our way to Sandakan. Quite the big hoohaa initially just trying to get here. Not that there was anything too great a deal I couldn’t handle. Its one of those, could have been better moments I guess.

Our supposedly 2hr flight ended up taking almost 6hours. And no, it wasn’t all glorias fault. Me being late didn’t cause it. They decided to take a detour to kuching for a transit. Who transits on a 2hour flight!!! I mean, how small is your fuel tank? To have to transit on a 2 hour flight. Boo. So we got to kuching. Was ok. I mean, anywhere is good as long as uve got company. Be it travelmates, a laptop or a book. Ive had all 3. So it really was ok. Got to see the kuching airport at the very least. Nicely done up. And I must say Malaysia on the whole has done some pretty darn good upkeeping to their airports the past few years. Being at KLIA last year left me with eyes wide opened. Sweet. There was even a starbucks in there! A brand new one too. :)
We hung around for a good 30-45mins while watching the lightning cut thru the dark gloomy clouds like a knife. Funny how everyone on this trip is crazy about photos. The 3 guys are armed with mighty dslrs, the 3 girls, with good ol compact canon. As the saying goes, or as Gloria would jingle on singing…”the canon man can!”haha, sorry carrier, your marketing efforts obviously failed. Hurhurhur.

We got back on the plane. And the plane served foooood again. I guess the frequent flying on budget airlines have really trained me to appreciate the small stuff. I even managed to steal a nice little feather pillow from the business class seats. Yay! Good one glor! Now the bus ride to sandankan is gonna be wayyyyy more endurable. Not that it ever was a daunting feat, ive been blessed with the ability to knock out anywhere, in just about any position. Haha.

We finally only got to sabah at around 6ish. And since azhar, our dearest tour planner had everything planned out for us, we didn’t had to worry much. Or so we thought. The minibus we were referred to by the airport obviously took us to the wrong place, leaving us to take another taxi down to the actual bus station. When we got there, we were ushered off so hastily to the bus bay and stuff by these bunch of locals. Damn it. I hated the rush. I know we had a 7pm bus to catch, but really. It just didn’t seem right.

I managed to get away for a bit and ran around asking for prices only to realise how right I was. Always listen to your gut. Cos it always knows best. Haha. We were getting slaughtered with cut throat prices. Not that the mere extra..maybe 8RM was gonna make a diference to me, I just hated how I know its wrong yet we were still doing it. Screw it la. I could learn to piss off a few less people on this trip.especially the bloody malay guy from the bus company who I kept snapping back at. Like seriously. Get the hint dude! Urgh! I need to sleep it off. Thank God for yaos gortex fleece and the MAS pillow. Time to get comfy… Cant wait for uncle tans. I wanna have the million stars watch me as I drift off to sleep tonight.

No comments: