back to basics
What a wonderful wonderful day. I think I can truly spend the rest of days basking in the comfort of wildlife. Marveling at Gods creation for the rest of my life. Im lying within the constraints of a mozzie netting, with xiaoyi beside me, alanis morrisette’s “that I would be good” and an orchestra of insects and their hissing replacing my usual class95. I cannot emphasize its truth further. Its been really good. And I cannot wait for tomorrows trek to take a million more pictures.
The abundance of wildlife here is spectacular. One can only testify if they’ve been here. And I, with utmost sincerity, will recommend uncle tan’s nature reserve 101%! The people here are so hospitable. The spread for dinner is totally unexpected with a grand total of 20 disheS!!! the safari boat tours have been really good. And the tourguides. My! I don’t even know where to start. These people really know their stuff. Its like going for a dive trip, and like how Eugene used to do it, predict the things you would see and the way these creatures would react even, when approached. Ohmy. I should so post up the long list of animals we’ve spotted thus far! Yippee!!
Last night was exhausting, we checked into uncle tan’s base camp at ard 1ish and finally settled for bed at around 2ish. I only got to sleep past4. :( woke at 7 for breakfast and had to get ready for sipolok orang untan nature reserve trek. It was ok… not anything fantastic, and you could most probably give it a miss, more so because we work for the zoo. Apart from getting bitten by leeches, which was interesting since ive never had it happen to me before, Its too..blah.. no biggie. But was fun trekking thru taking random pictures and photowhoring half the time :)
Then we were ferried to uncle tan’s jetty, 90mins away from the base camp. And hopped onto at 45min boat ride. We took way longer than usual of course. And it was fun because the gans was a walking bird dictionary. Funny. What would we do without them seriously. Haha.
Snapped gorgeous sunset pictures and finally headed off for the night safari boat tour. Oooohh. I could do it over na dover again! Tmr is gonna be a million times better. But yay for the civet cats we saw earlier. Many more of to comeee!!! Yayy!
We got back all knackered but totally stolked about the trip tmr and the many more things we’ve yet to uncover. But thru it all, nothing beats having to experience the ‘jungle shower’! hahaha. Blame me and my fetish for liking to be naked, hurhur, but it was really fun splashing at each other out in the open at the designated showering spot with murky brown water which strangely tasted sweet! Haha it was good. Funny. I could do this everyday. Back to nature it is! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment