Saturday, March 28, 2009

the abundance of colours, the intricacy of nature..

Amazing day! I think I could spend forever here in this paradise. And I cannot think of better people to be here with than my colleagues. People who know way more than I do about wildlife. When you think glorias the bird/animal woman, you’re wrong. I barely know nothing, and being here amongst people who can tell you by just a flap of a wing, or a glance from the corner of the eye and will be able to tell you exactly which bird from its genus group right down to its latin name. I like I like. Its like travelling with a bunch of walking bird guide books. Very very cool.
We saw sooooooooooooooooooooo many different species of animals today. And we finally managed to catch the proboscis monkeys and gibbons! Yipeee! I wished I had a better camera. I wished my macro on the ixus could go closer. Urgh. Which reminds me of the macros lens I saw from Inon lenses that is entirely compatible to my underwater casing..!! I want!!

Sometimes I feel that Singaporeans are a tad too close to their own comfort zones. Too unwilling to step out of the group they’re in and befriend others. ah, more on that later..I met Magani from Paris on this trip, and Jake from NY. Interesting people! And they dive too!! And they just did sipadan! God! I’m so jealous! Cant wait to dive on this trip. Anywhere will do. I need to be under the sea like now now now. The rainforest humidity is killing!

The boat safaris were really good. We headed out early this morning at 630am and the sun was hanging high up in the sky already. Awesome weather it is for a dive. Not out for a boat safari tour. It was scorching! But the skies were so blue, and the clouds were soooo fluffy. But just beyond one km and beyond, you’d see nothing but fog. Gorgeous. Our 10seater boat had 2 boat man, the 6 of us and 2 caucasians who seemed very very unhappy to be with us. I mean, if you were honestly out for nature, you would love us! Not only do we keep so quiet just so that we don’t scare the creatures, we can even name it for you! Tsk! They looked so terribly bored… so aiyah. Whatever. Don’t come to uncle tan’s if nature doesn’t excite you. If watching a white bellied sea eagle swooping down for a catch doesnt get you all excited, if seeing a nesting pair of oriental pied hornbills doesn’t leave you jumping up and down, if you’re yawning at the sight of a wild orang utan, then seriously, don’t bother.

Lunch was awesome. The guides were having their exams earlier on. And my! The indepth of knowledge that they really go into. I swear if DMs could be half as good, business will boom. It is just wayyyy fascinating. And its professional. Ask them anything and they can tell it to you. And not a tinge of arrogance are their words laced with. Im so loving it.

We did our first trek and because this site’s new, a lot of the trails were still relatively untouched. Absolutely awesome. And we saw the lantern fly!!! Argh! I so need a better macro lens!! My ixus cannot do justice at all! Its oh so gorgeous. I really hope the guys got a better shot of it. And the oh so cute pill millipede. Cant wait to upload pictures!!!! Oh so pretty! Oh so witty! Hahha.

We played soccer and had a village kid, robot, play with us too. Hehe. So cute. And it was crazy fun. So laid back. Feels like im back in sitiawan. I need to fulfill my farmer vision with Christine very soon. Its eating into me, it really really is. If anyone is deemed creative, having seen the colours and intricacy of design I have today, id daresay God is truly the source of it. No doubt about that.

No comments: