Friday, December 12, 2008

glor's laoing it!

i have a confession to make. I’ve fallen in love with laos. Ahhhh.. I cannot describe it. That feeling inside! Its making me stay here longer than I had expected. Vang Vieng! The energy and youthfulness this place beholds! Goosh! How can anyone not love this place?

It’s the only untouched, not too commercialized, happening place left in SEA. Comparatively to Vietnam, or Thailand, Laos has created a league of its own. Its unmatchable. It has its own charm. A nice old rustic charm yet infused with the new, touristic vibe. A particular special feel to it all. Laos is beautiful. Anyone who begs to differ must be a fool.

We just got back from a day long of kayaking down the GORGEOUS Nam Song river. About 10km in total. We tubed through the limestone cave. And the water is amazingly chilly. The weather is absolutely awesome. We kayaked down all the way to the main area where the bars and giant swings and slides were. You basically fling yourself off the cliff! Its indescribable! And the insane mix of alcohol and adrenaline drives you crazy! You basically swing off this 4-5 story high tower and leap straight into the river. Ahhh! Its to die for. I could do it over and over again.

we’re headed for dinner and we’ll be heading back to that place again. Apparently its Lao’s full moon party tonight. The sort they have in koh samui. Oh mama, its gonna be crazy. I haven’t been in a party mood for the longest time ever. We’ll be headed up in a huge pack. The 6 thai guys we met earlier today and the South African couple and 2 more from the states. Without a doubt, the 2 aussies and irish men are definitely gonna be there. Provided they aren’t stranded out in the wilderness tubing down the river. They’ve been beerlao-ing since 9am! Haha!

No comments: