Gloria and Grace - Laos lesbian couple
I’m still not used to the time difference thing. I sprang out of bed thinking its 9am! We have to get to the adventure tour place by 9.20am. no way were we gonna make it there. I panicked and jumped around the room only to realize its 8. shit. Damn time differences. But thank God for it.
I saw the videos of what’s in stored for us today. Wow whee. Its gonna be crazy fun! We’re gonna kayak through the limestone caves, trek through it a little and tube down the Nam Song Lake. Stop by this HUGE giant flying fox swing thing and torpede straight into the lake 10m above the water. Hahaha. Yayyy!! I so cannot wait.
We fell asleep to Christmas carols playing in the background. Nice. I cant wait for Christmas this year. Its been a while since I’ve last felt like that. And its making me look forward to next year. Who knows what the year will behold.
Yesterday, before making our way to vang vieng, we bumped into Obina. Like shit, of all people. And I thought I’d never see him again. The Nigerian I had my first beerlao with. He shouted across the street and made me stop to talk. He questioned why I haven’t been answering his calls. He said, don’t you have a conscience!? I felt awful but his persistence annoyed every cell in my body. Urghhh.. like.. get lost bugger. You can have your SIM card back and ill buy you back a beer. Rahh!
His persistence paid off I guess. We ended up going for lunch. He took us to this famous local beef noodle place. Exactly what I had intended for lunch. And it was goooood. And he got us HUGE ass bowls of it too. Just that they didn’t have the fried ball thing that I love, but it was ok. It was wayyyy yummy. Wayyy better than the one I had when I arrived. And you gotta concoct your own soup. Add whatever sauces and stuff to it to make it your own. So THAT’S how you eat it. Ahh, ok. Got it.
So lunch was ok, apart from his questioning and saying, oh baby, you’ve made me very sad yesterday. I walked around endlessly hoping to bump into you again. So I looked straight at him and asked, “Obi, seriously, what if I told you I don’t like men. That I’m just not into men.” I think his chopsticks almost did a U-wee and stabbed him straight in the heart. Haha. Then I looked at grace and said, yeah, she is a jealous girl so you’d better watch it. Hahahaha…
The look on his face was absolutely classic. But he said, I know, I should have guessed. That’s why I kept asking what the secret was. Hur hur. Liks shit man. You mean ive been giving out lesbian vibes?!?! Hur hur. It was so hilarious. I almost burst out laughing. That poor chap. But it worked out so well, I honestly couldn’t care less. Hahaa. He bought my lesbian explanation and parted ways after lunch. Hahaah.
We had to lie to him that we were headed to Luang Prabang instead of Vang Vieng because he insisted on coming along with us. Thank God he aint into lesbians either. Haha. That would have been awfully frightful.
So there’s that. Laos has honestly been quite an adventure. And I really do love it here. Vang Vieng is beautiful, a tiny town which I said to Grace, reminded me of the little town in the movie, House of Wax. It gave off that same feel. Haha. Minus the tourists, it could possibly pass off as it. Haha. And EVERY restaurant, tv bar, plays reruns of Friends on TV! Haha. How interesting. We finished the entire season 7 last night!
I shall scoot and get ready for my splashing good time later! Whee!!

No comments:
Post a Comment