Saturday, December 13, 2008

full moon party

The bus ride’s antagonising. Urgh. The chairs are stiff and upright. And we’re on this long windy road along the mountains up to Luang Prabang. And I’m not really wanting to go. I still wanna stay in Vang Vieng. But compromises have to be made when you don’t travel alone. It’s ok I guess. Its for the better. I hope.

So the full moon party last night was absolutely insane. Drinks were all going for 10,000kip. That’s approximately $1.80SGD? ahh! We met the Thai guys there. And it was fun because you’d see people you know on the trip there. Its by the beach, not exactly where the river is, but somewhere near it. There was this huge bonfire setup in the middle, and little huts with hammocks in it surrounding its circumference. Sweet. We found the guys in one and joined them. Everyone had a beerlao. Like come on people. Its party time! Bring on out the whisky! I bought everyone buckets. Funny. Its hilarious what they serve their drinks in. like literally a whisky bucket! A small pail! And its major gao.com man. It was stronggg.. local whisky I believe. Wasn’t too bad. I don’t know what shit they threw in but it sure did add to the craziness!

People were dancing around the fire, the crowd started to build up. Everyone’s talking to everybody. That’s how a party should be aint it? Not like in Singapore, where everyone stares at you weirdly if you try to strike a conversation up. People should learn from here. Some people should learn to open up their minds and let loose! Not everyone who approaches you is trying to pick you up! Haha!

Even the shots were 10,000kip. Regardless of choice. I had to get a round for everyone. How often do I ever do this anyway! So my choice of poison? Sambuca! Hahaha. And it nearly killed them all. Hur hur. Grace hurled chunks shortly after. And I felt bad because I was mostly responsible anyway. We’ve been beerlaoing the entire day since morning! And passing random drinks around when we were at the swing/slide bar thing. The Swedish guy we met in the day, Colt, kept trading his drinks for our chips. Like why not yea!! Haha.

It was interesting. And of all people to meet, I saw Mik there. Not that it mattered, but I really didn’t quite want to see him there. Seeing him is like partying with pop. Who goes for parties with their dads. Urkk. And he’s so huggy and stuff and it makes me really uncomfortable because he’s old and wrinkly and half a century old.

I had a feeling he would come up because he knew ill be here. I mean, it all makes sense doesn’t it. All ego-ness aside, he’s told me again and again how he hates Vang Vieng because theres nothing to do but to eat sleep drink and be merry high up in the caves or down in the river. Why on earth would he be here!

So fine, that was that. Like whatever. Join us if you must. Even Noi, the owner of the herbal sauna thing at Wat Sok Pa Luang was there too. She is such a funny lady. So it was pretty much a gathering of all the people I’ve met in laos. Haha, cool. I must make quite a strong pull factor aye. Hahaa.

A bunch of guys from the states hopped right into our hut because the hammocks were free. We all started talking especially so since they’ve been in Bangkok for the past 5months for school. And I guess meeting the Thais we were with seemed like homeground for them. And then I met Jeff. Now here comes the interesting part. I mean, I’ve never been a big fan of Americans. But those who travel are different. They know a lot more about the world so that’s cool. And you know me, loosely quoting from the series, “californication”, I’m the sort of girl where talking and fucking goes hand in hand. Not literally, don’t get me wrong. I’m the sort where good conversations get me interested. Not so much on how great you look, which he was by the way. Haha. But that’s besides the point.

It just somehow made the night even better than it already was. The company was good, music, for that matter, was great too! Drinks were cheap. But I had a drunk girlie on hand. And Jeff really shouldn’t have mentioned about the free Full Moon Party tshirts they were handing out at the next bar because grace wouldn’t let us leave without getting one even though they were clearly out of it already! We had to get her back quick and tuck her into bed. So Jeff and Mik walked us back. Then we got harassed by some horny lao guy. And the guys had to fight him off me. but it was ok. I mean, I could have easily boxed the daylights out of him. But Gloria has to be demure at times aye. Haha.

We wanted to shake Mik off. He was coded ‘the boyfriend’ the entire night. Haha. We had planned to grab more beerlao and sit out on the veranda after I tucked grace into bed while he shook him off. I love meeting new people. Don’t even let your mind wander into twilight zone, it was nothing. Really. But sadly, it didn’t happen. And I’m still bugged by it. I really wished it did. We just missed each other somehow. I saw Mik hanging around the outside of the my guesthouse this morning. And he asked what happened last night, whether we stayed out till late. I said we didn’t get to see each other. He said Jeff waited out. Funny. In my head, the picture of him downstairs and me on the 3rd floor veranda popped into my head. Like oh! Shit! Hahha. How dramatic! But like really oh shit! Haha! What a waste! It felt good that I wasn’t stood up. But seriously, what a waste! Mik said Jeff told him I gave him a no-show and asked him to check on me if the Lao guy was still bugging us. Now it totally made sense! I did saw Mik walk into the guesthouse while waiting out. And it made me freak! I grabbed my things and ran back into the room. Haha. Shit, poor guy. Them both! What a waste, really. I could use a friend in San Francisco. Boo L it still bugs me somehow L

If only things could be better I guess. I’m hoping we stop back at Vang Vieng on the way back. Enduring another bus ride like this will kill us. And its supposed to be only 5hours long. We’re hitting the sixth hour already. Urgh. Save me save me save me. L and its another 5hours back to Vientiane from Vang Vieng. Can you imagine? That’ll be almost 12 hours on the bus. And they don’t do overnight buses. Urghh. Though it’ll only cost us $70US and just one hour to fly. But we cant afford it. Which reminds me. when we woke up this morning, Grace found money missing. Like the wad of cash in her wallet was gone. I asked if she stashed it somewhere and forgot all about it but no! weird! And her wallet was buried under my heap of things, clothes, bag, everything. And if someone did come in to steal stuff, we had more to steal than just that. The laptop, phones, everything was in the room. Out in the open. It was weird..really weird. Even my wallet with RM and USD was left there too. I don’t know. I feel really awful. I told her I’ll settle everything else on the trip and not to worry. But its still strange. Like really really strange! L

I cant wait to get out of the bus. Urgh. Please God, fly us up faster. My backbone is screaming wildly in protest L the South Africans beside me have been reading for the past 9248093 hours. How they endure it baffles me. urgh, I need to sleep.

No comments: