Friday, July 03, 2009

we're back on the road again.....

Coming back to KL this time was like dejavu. Jiawen would know exactly what I’m talking about if he was here. Oh, im so missing his company right this instant. I took the same bus that we did last year when we did our spontaneous rendevous to KL. Seats were almost exactly the same, the mid-break stop was the same too, well, not surprising. And I had the same giant ass pao we ordered the last time. perfect, apart from not having the companionship, everything else was almost exactly...the same.

I was dropped off at Times Square and I stared at the starbucks for a bit before moving off. I remember being stranded there with a laptop in hand and jiawen jabbing my ribs every few minutes because we couldn’t find a room for the night. We sat there for a good hour or so surfing for rooms. Hah, story of our lives. But it was fun. The whole room hunting thing was really fun! I remember freaking Eugene out insanely when we spoke to him online telling him oh, its almost nightfall, but we’re still roomless. Haha. Speaking of which, we were shown this movie on the way here. Damnit, I should have asked for the title. That was like the perfect travel horror tale that the yao loves to slobber me with everytime I leave the country. But it reminded me sooooooo much of him. Dad works for national security. Freaks when his daughter decides to go on a roadtrip to Paris. I swore his words that came out could match yaos word for word. Argh, I should so find that movie and show it to him. I really enjoyed the show, it was like seeing yaos horror travel stories in pictorial animated form. I think that digs in way more than mere words. Hahah. Good nonetheless. I will be careful, I promise.

Anyway, Times square…I turned to the left and lo and behold!!!! They’ve got krispy kreme here! Like holygamoley!!!! Woohoo!! Ben would be so pleased. Haha, but too bad he aint here. I grabbed my bags and walked almost as if I knew the place like the back of my hand. I didn’t know for certain where I was going, but it seemed correct somehow. I’ve stayed here before, 4ish years ago during our Marketing field trip up. I even took the back alleys and got right up to the hotel. Well done Gloria, you are truly a Malaysian. Pop would be so pleased.

I know I’m supposed to call Ivan like right about now to get my lazy bum down to the show, but I’m oh so lazy. I really shouldn’t have drank like I did with Hongzhen last night. The excessive beer on an empty stomach is causing the rumbling tumbling war inside. That, or that I haven’t really had anything the entire day.

I’m happier now, glad to be out of the country once again. Haha. I could get used to this whole living out of a suitcase thing, well, backpack, in my case :) and so it goes……

No comments: