bye bye laos :(
We’re finally at the airport, after 30932842 hours of travelling. I’m absolutely knackered. My body’s sore and achy and I’m not feeling great. Not one bit. Especially after getting shoved into the tiniest of tuktuks, with a full load of everybody’s backpacks, taking a short 10min ride to the airport and he charged us 100,000kip for both. That’s like SGD$18!! Extortion! I pulled out 50,000kip and told him that’s all I had. And I’ll give him USD$1 because that’s all I could afford. He kept insisting and insisting. Urgh! And it really got to me. I shoved the money in his hands, clearly annoyed and walked off.
I’ve spent way more than I had intended to on this trip. And everything’s on credit. I still owe Roy for changing USD for me. I have absolutely zero kip left. Now I’m sitting here, refusing to check-in so I can buy time outside distracting myself with the powerpoint, typing away on the laptop rather than get in, with no power in my laptop, and no money to feed ourselves. Slap them all. Slap all tuktuk extortionists. Even the bugger who drove me back to the guesthouse earlier last night to retrieve my charger wanted to charge me 40,000kip for that short 10-15min ride. I gave him 35,000kip. Which I thought was wayyyy enough. That’s all the lose change I had anyway. And I was saving the last 100,000kip for our breakfast and what nots. Darn it. Hate them all.
Urgh! i reckon I’m just being pms-y and easily agitated because I’ll have to leave this place. Its way too soon. And that there’s work tmr again. I’m so dreading it, though I know there wouldn’t be much of work to be done, much less the mood to do so. We’ve planned for a Christmas party tmr, and nick’s farewell later at night. So I doubt we’ll be actually working hard anyway. Haha. I hope the African dancers were kickass though I did hear Rizal mention otherwise. He called me this morning like I told him to before I left, just in case I miss my flight on Tuesday. He remembered! What a sweetie, but I so wanted to slam the phone down on him. He woke me up when I finally got to sleep on the bus. Urghhhh!!!!!
Angsty, I am! Insanely angsty! I just wanna get back to Vang Vieng so bad and have that superb pizza, with a beerlao in hand and my grilled chicken in the other with my eyes glued to the tv of endless reruns of friends. Some tv bars even screened simpsons. My, it is heavenly. I wanna get back so so so so badddd :( till next year I guess. :( so long laos. I hope you’ll miss me as much as I miss you. You were absolutely siap lai (awesome).kob chai lai lai (thanks) for everything!

No comments:
Post a Comment