second chances
Now, today was rather interesting. At the very least, it was different. Its days like these where I’m thankful I’m Chinese. No, I’m not gonna preach about racism. I’m just happy coz we’ve got Chinese new year. Hur hur. Its like, new year part 2. screw the English new year, you’ve always got a second chance kinda thing.
You know how you start the year with like mighty big plans or strategies on how you wanna achieve those far fetched resolutions. Its almost as if its habitual making those resolutions. Like why set it when you’ll break it. Or maybe you set it so that you can break it. Haha.
Anyway, this year started with the usual, like study hard, lose weight, be good, drink less. And I practically broke every single one of it. Within the first week of the year, I had drinks with the guys. Not just any drink, but a shot of absinthe. Then came the studying hard part. Ive been so awol in sch, my groupmates ALMOST kicked me out of the group. It was horrible. I don’t think I’ve ever tried harder selling myself. There was this part of me that kept going, ah screw it. These kinda things are common at uni level. We’ve passed the i-don’t-friend-you stage a long time ago. Sch just started, I could easily find another group. But then came the part where I realized their intentions of doing so. And it was good intentions. Why screw myself over something God sent. Make it the catalyst for change. Grow up glor. And so I did. Sweet.
Even the losing weight part is totally the opposite. I went back to work, so that means ive got truckloads of carbo waving their flabby arms at me. Who can resist a friendly croissant? Or a freckled face sugar bun! They’re all shouting out, “hi, my name’s butter. Eat me.” Urgh! Holy giant molies I tell you. And so I started touch training again! Yay. J
The other day when Sunand came visit at the shop just before he left for the airport, he hugged me goodbye and topped it up with the usual, “be good!” and of course, with that streak of “hur hur hur”s in his eyes. And then I looked at him funny and he went, “you know exactly what I mean.” Well, I AM good. You just bring out the devil in me. That’s all. Haha.
I mentioned about the whole sudden 16year old rebellion phase that I had last year. I finally got it out of my system, I think I’m on my way back to sane-hood. Haha. 16year old indeed. The random urges to get my ears pierced again. To dye my hair, (which I finally did, today) to get coloured lens, things like that. I think I’m halfway through it. Haha. My old ‘image consultant’ bug has bitten me hard in the ass again.
So I did get my hair dyed today. Courtesy of grasswong. Who, apart from leaving out my ends, did a fantastic job in getting my hair coloured. Haha. Its nostalgic to sit in her balcony with a bottle of DIY dye. 16 year old rebellion indeed.
I really liked today. I love just hanging out with grace. Its like happy Tuesdays. Especially when you know there aint school tmr either. It adds up. They’re like Gloria Euphoria Inducers. Haha. Even though the morning was crap. That I had unceasing diarrhea and cramps, it ended well. We skipped lecture halfway, got to graces after dye and earring piercing hunting. And off we were to geylang to round up with some excellent beef horfan. Had the usual visual dose of hookers but this time round, we had a mission. We had ‘Candies’ to hunt for. It was adrenaline rushing. We had to get to the really dodgy part of geylang. Thank God we had that really suspicious dude who helped out. Not that it mattered to me. I had my dose of thrill at least. Haha. Minus the absolutely annoying “aye, how much?” stares we had from those disgusting perverse drooling old ah peks, today’s simply..well..awesome. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment