I need a break
I need a sunshine in my life.
Or a reason to be alive
My soul laments for more
Living, now, seems like a chore
I try but I fail
Many times again, I even end up breaking my nail
Why these wretched days ahead
Oh God, I need a break
I tried to learn the bike
Then came this letter, my dreadful plight
i thought I made it through
thought the camera missed me too
but apparently not it seems
the date was written, February the 15th
where I blasted through the light
on my corolla that fateful night
now its written neat and clear
with those words I hate and fear
200 bucks this offence may compound
and 12 demerit points, urgh! I cant count!
Darn you, you red light cam
You just screwed my bike license, oh damn!
And the 300 hundred that’s been paid
Oh God, please! I need a break!
You said you loved me through and through
How could you be so cruel
My hell weeks have been such a mess
The devil's putting me to a test!
Lord, I know i must be strong
This road I must carry on
You said my burdens you would share
My worries and my despair
This weight I can no longer bear
My biceps are growing and I don’t think I even care
I want an out, I want to sit and pout
I cant take this test, I feel like pulling my hair!
Its just one after another
All lumped in 2 weeks
Please be over
Lord, I am frail and meek
You will take control
Of this life, now left bitter and cold
For these trials I cant undertake
I need the strength Lord, I need a break!
Even the ezlink dude screamed at me
And the brainless bike instructor who couldn’t even count to three
Or the asscrap manager who wouldn’t let us see the cctv
Or the traffic police who’s demanding that I pay my fees
Lord what is happening to me
why have I been so unlucky
is it me, you no longer bless?
Or have I made you detest
Of the many deeds that I have done
Like stealing the hoegaarden out of sheer fun
Or making you nonexistent
In this life, you have given
I will make you important
You will be big in my life, yea, way bigger than an elephant
i will pray unceasingly
Lord, I know you’ve heard my desperate plea
This day, march the 19th
While chewing on my favourite mint
I shall proudly declare
Lord, I love you more than éclairs!
More than my crummy pillow
More than my giant hairy mole
More than my bird who can meow
More than my ben who claims that he’s yan dao
Its been too crazy, Lord take control
You need to get me out of this hole
Even though I’ve lost my job at kneading the dough
I know you’d provide, you’d satisfy, you wont leave me alone
I know its more than I can take
That’s why this life you shall make
Of pretty flowers and buzzing bees
Thank you Lord, for giving that break.

No comments:
Post a Comment