i've got a home in gloryland.
ben was lamenting about my tendency to destroy everything. it was pretty amusing, come to think of it. i like to burn anything my hands can lay on when theres an available source of fire (kevin can testify to that, haha) rip things up, draw..well..doodle and vandalize, paint and repaint whatever i can find, ramble and write random thoughts on whatever my pen can get on -the table, bedsheets etc. and an ardent smiley face fan! haha. anything that gloria has touched probably has a 'halohalo!! :)' or at the very least, the infamous smiley face. haha.
then i realised, i'm unique! i've never met anyone quite like me. and of course its true..cause I am fearfully and wonderfully made! God's works are perfect, i know that full well. Psalms 139:14. i could probably spend the rest of my life thinking there's another me somewhere in this world. then maybe the song, 'you're one in a million' will finally find truth in itself. coz there are obviously more than a million people in this world. 6 billion in fact. so if u do the math, there should be a total of 6,000,000 glorias roaming this earth. coz a gloria would exist in every one millionth person yes, no? we could probably form a race! a religion even, since it takes a mere 500 to believe to start a religion. we could have mass gloria parties. we could all live in gloriland. hopefully there'll be a tinch of male spieces in us. so it wouldnt get too boring. or we could just have intermarriages. maybe with someone from benland. i'm sure the kids would turn out great! fat, cute and chubby..haha.
ah...but if all these were true, it would be contradicting the bible wouldn't it. i wouldnt be fearfully and wonderfully made then. i would just be yet another photocopy. so this cant be true! coz if the existence of God was just a theory, life wouldn't be the way it is.
there has to be more to life than what can be seen with our eyes. surely, life is too precious, too beautiful to be explained away as a result of eons of genetic mutations; that the sunset takes our breath away because of a series of hormonal/molecular reactions within our brain - there has to be more. That I cherish life, that I can know and experience deep love and pure joy, that I have within me a desire to live for something greater than myself - they're mere echoes of the divine impulse that first started the world, the force that thrusts life into existence. And this impulse is of God, and His force is love. Yet the beautiful irony is that this love does not force, but rather compels. We have been created to enjoy this love this life given us, and if we don't feel naturally compelled to love God, it's because we have not seen Him clearly yet.
I know it's true. and it has been proven time and time again, through my life and thru the lives of others. This God has remained perfectly faithful to me, even when I can be faithless, or unfaithful. He has always lavished His love on me, even though I can be so unlovely. He has not failed me ever. so there. I suppose the little girl's dream of having just a few more of me has been tarnished. but it matters not, coz I've found my God, have you?

No comments:
Post a Comment